For everyone registered for the school, please find below various logistical points to be aware of as you prepare to make your way to Leysin.
- The Baha’i School registration desk will open from 11:00 till late evening on 26th December. Please FIRST go to the Baha’i reception desk to complete your registration and get your name tag (DO NOT GO to the hotel reception first!)
- Those participating in Ruhi Institute courses, they will be starting 15:00 on the opening day
- If you are not able to register before your Ruhi course starts, you can store your luggage at the reception and register later.
- The winter school ends after lunch on 31 December
- For each night stay at the hotel, you get 3 meals included, so if you arrive after lunch on Thursday 26th, the lunch on December 31st is also included in your package
- If you arrive for lunch on December 26th, the lunch will cost 10 CHF but please inform us ahead of time so we can inform the hotel by sending an email to email@example.com as soon as possible!
- We encourage any of you who have musical instruments to bring them along to the school
- As in previous years, there will be a coffee shop at the school and we greatly appreciate any baked goods you can bring like cookies and cakes for sale at the shop
- As part of the good deal we got form the hotel, please note that there will only be limited room service. Hotel staff will only come in once during your stay to clean the room. Additional towels will be made available in a central area. For any additional room service, please come to the Bahá’í winter school reception desk
- For any day visitors not staying at the hotel but wishing to have either lunch or dinner, it will cost 18 CHF per meal. Please inform us ahead of time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directions to get to the hotel:
By train: Take a train to Lausanne and change to the regional train direction Brig to Aigle. In Aigle, change to the train direction Leysin-Grand-Hotel. Exit at “Leysin, Versmont” station and then walk down Avenue Rollier until the Hotel.
By car: The address of the hotel is Alpine Classic Hotel, Route de La Cité 4, 1854 Leysin. There will be free parking for the guests of the hotel.
Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us via email or by phone:
- Faramarz Falahi for French & Farsi: +41 79 459 91 62
- Kathleen Holmlund for English & French: +41 79 313 21 32
- Kamran Derakhshan for English, German & Farsi: +41 79 415 54 50
- Anis Rahmim for English, German & French: +41 79 823 55 01
- Bettina Hartmann for English & German: +41 78 622 34 95